Sunday, October 21, 2007

Elliptical Halo in Vecsés, Hungary

Today on 21st October at 11:27 local time I saw this elliptical halo above Vecsés, Hungary. I was photographing Ac len and iridescent Ac clouds, when I caught sight of the display. The elliptical halo formed on the ice crystal precipitation of one of the Ac. The display lasted less than two minutes, so I really had to hurry to find a good object to shield the Sun with, and not to miss the sight meanwhile. In the first photo - I was still using the neighbouring house's wall, - even the reddish inner side of the halo can be seen. More photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ellestad said...

Thats a nice catch agnes my first elliptical halo was in 2005. I am from the USA and the first observation I made was the first since the last one in 1987. Towards the end of the year when my brother and I were four wheeling I got another elliptical halo and it went on for 20 minutes

21 October, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful display. As so frequently associated with Altocumulus cloud with fine diffraction phenomena. Compliments for the images!

22 October, 2007  
Blogger Ágnes Kiricsi said...

Thanks a lot. I was lucky.

23 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home